Monday, July 23, 2007

Sad Weekend

We received the sad news that our friend Nate was killed Friday. It is a surreal feeling. I am having a hard time really believe it. Today was the first day it began to sink in.

This weekend we have been at home, and feeling the loss of a friend but also the grief of a family who lost someone far too early and too young. In the midst of this I was reminded that 4 people in the car were spared and for that I thank God. I am praying for all of the Toews family.

Today the blogs of the family are back up. They have all written beautiful things. Rosanna, Nate's wife wrote a simple "I miss you Nate' with Psalm 23. It is beautiful and I started to cry. J-man came into the office and crawled up on my lap, gave me a hug and patted my back. Just like we do for him when he is hurting.

Nate may be gone from this earth but our memories of an amazing man of God remain. Nathan is in heaven. One day we'll see him again. I remember Nate singing Mercy Me "I Can Only Imagine" at our churches Easter service. Here are the lyrics to that song, Nate no longer has to imagine.

I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side...
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine. I can only imagine.

Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine, when that day comes, when I find myself standing in the Son!
I can only imagine, when all I will do, is forever, forever worship You!
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?

Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!

Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?

Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!! Only imagine!!!
I can only imagine.

I can only imagine, when all I do is forever, forever worship You!
I can only imagine."

Towes family - we love you and are praying for you.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you and the Towes Family and Friends.

Jamie said...

Thanks Erin.

Tanya said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the Toews family and everyone who knew this remarkable man. He sounds like such a wonderful man of God and a very good friend! Someday, we'll know why God had to take him so early in his life...but until then, I pray that you'll all be comforted in the fact that he is now safe in the arms of Jesus. May peace, comfort and understanding come to you all at this difficult time.

Jamie...as I don't have access to your blog, if you read this. I'm am very sorry for your family's loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers continuously.