Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hand in the toilet!

You know the credit card commercial for Capital One "Hand in my pocket, hand in my pocket, hand in my pocket" You know the the super annoying one that sticks in your head(hence Rick Mercer creating the spoof "Knee in my package")

Well switch packet for toilet! That was me today.

As anyone who is pregnant can attest - we spend a great deal of time in the loo! Sadly today after I had peed(thank goodness that was all that was required!) I went to flush. The handle was just floppy! Nuts!!! I didn't want to leave it there(ewwww) and I knew I could make the toilet flush by tinkering with the tank. So there I am - lifting the lid off the toilet tank - imagine my horror when I saw the inside and it was COVERED in black mold. I am a mold freak - HATE it!!! So I try and poke at a few things to see if anything happens - then I notice that the chain is sitting on the bottom of the toilet(in the moldiest area!!)

Now this is when one must decide if they will reach in or say too bad - it can sit there! I am not sure why but I decided that I must get the chain. So my arm goes in - up to my elbow. I grab the chain - and get mold under my finger nails - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Yank the chain and then hook it back on as the toilet flushes. Then I run to the sink and run HOT HOT HOT water and soap all over my arm(several times I might add). I contemplated spraying my skin with Lysol!

Then I walked out of the bathroom - doing full body shakes in my loathing of that moment! Oh - did I mention this was the toilet at work - not one in my home! I think I may need to go wash my arm again just at the thought!!!!!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Oooo...yuck! You are one brave soul to have done that at work!!! At home is one thing, but at work...I think I would have just left it and pretended that I knew nothing about it...no matter how gross!

Hope you're feeling well these days and glad to hear that the toilet episode didn't make you upchuck your prego cookies!!

Leslie said...

You get a million and one points for being the civilian of the year!!!