One of the risks of the trade when you work in finance is crazy people. I don't mean the old people who try and buy stamps from you or insist that they have more money than is in their account. I mean the drugged out crazy needing a fix.
We have one guy who keeps coming into our branch and asking to use the bathroom. The bathroom on site is for staff only. We let people who are in appointments, or the very young or old use it when needed, but the general public will just have to hold it! Now the individual in question was once allowed/or snuck in to use the bathroom - and he was found in there using a needle(I doubt for diabetes). Since then we have always told him no - it is not for public use.
He is jittery and darts around, pushes people out of the way - in summery he makes my skin crawl. Today he cornered me and asked to use the bathroom - I gave him the usual no. Well he wasn't taking no for an answer. He wandered around - and finally tried to get into another bathroom(we have two). I had to lay down the smack. Using my scariest voice - and attempting to look like I meant business - I told him there was no public washroom. He proceeded to tell me that he was going to use our bathroom. So I brought out the big guns(not literally). I threatened him with calling the cops if he took one step through that door and demanded that he leave the branch now. I have no idea where I got the balls of steel. When he moved away from the door and started to walk around again I told him to LEAVE. After he left I informed my supervisor, and manager what had happened. I also had to calm a member who had seen me and this guy.
We will continue to deal with him I am sure - he tried to get in after we had closed today, and he hung around our doors for awhile. We don't want to be facing a violent robber or be attacked - and this guy looks suspicious. He has tried to get back behind the counter and been found in people's offices claiming to be someone that he is not. Of course no laws have been broken yet - until then we get to deal with nuts like this! So anyone want my job???
4 comments:
Welcome 2 the gun show...
Good on u tho, confrontation makes me quake. I turn into a useless lump.
Way to go on being assertive! It is definitley a skill you'll use again and again.
wow! i think i'll stick with working from home :)
Crazy! Way to go in laying down the law!
Post a Comment