Is it possible to have too much of a good thing?
Yes - too much alcohol, too much fat, too much chocolate(okay bad example). You get the drift. But can you have too much family?
I am currently on vacation with the entire family. And I mean entire. Not a man, woman or child was left behind. Children, spouses and significant others were dragged, some against their will up to the mountains of Colorado. We have divided up into 3 living units and the tensions are high after 4 days of all this family fun(insert sarcastic tone here).
Now the question isn't about loving our family members, as that is a given. Once you enter into the "sisterhood" it is like a contract with no escape clause. Which has its wonderful moments and then there are the moments where you are one minute away from packing up your clothes and heading to Boise!
Some people can be around their families all the time and never want to back hand them - this group not so much. Perhaps it is because we are all so different. We are all diverse in our beliefs, life goals, ethics and morals. While this can lead to some interesting conversations it can also result in some rather cranky people after a few days.
So perhaps it isn't too much it is just too close. My darling, patient as a saint, husband has already said "next time we get our own unit" So that is the plan! Love from a distance! Where everyone has their own time out corner!
4 comments:
Ohhhhh, I can so relate. 3 years ago we all went to Disney World in Florida (let me just say Hurricane Katrina had just hit, so the 100F temps, 10000% humidity didn't help) and YES. There can be too much family. Where abouts in Colorado did you vacation?
I agree.... you own unit sounds like a great idea! There IS too close and too much family..... or I think it's more you love and accept them CUZ they are your family but that's really the only reason, if you weren't stuck to them by family ties you would run away screaming! (Especially the inlaws, so your hubby gets a great big high five!) :)
Are you vacationing with my family??? Lol! I'm not a fan of everybody jumping on the same bandwagon for a vacation...nope...not my thing, but I have done it a few times...against my will.
It will soon be over!!
I seriously would NEVER vacation with my family. I'd rather break out in boils. Hee hee.
But I suppose that one should never say never.
Post a Comment