Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ej is...

reconsidering using anatomically correct names for certain body parts.

All the books(what do they even know???) suggest using the anatomically correct names for out ...ummm... private parts.

Therefore in trying to don the cape of super mom and do everything right I referred to the female part by it's proper name. G repeated it as "nine - a" J made no comment what so ever. Phewww I thought foolishly(if I am blogging about it you know it went beyond - lol)

Cut to a few days later my sister and I are having tea and chatting - J man comes running into the room yelling(and I mean YELLING) "U-GINA, U-GINA, U-GINA" My sister and I try as we could, couldn't keep a straight face. We were doubled over, biting our cheeks trying to regain our composure. Marcy of course left me high and dry(claiming something about me being the parent!) So I pinched my tummy until I stopped laughing and Jman and I had a little talk about private words. Again I thought the worst was over.

So there was about 10 days with no u-gina's being yelled or discussed. I threw out the book and went straight to pee pee, weenie etc. Picture my house spotless, and the guest bedroom made up for my brother - in - law and family to arrive. They walk through my front door, there is hugging and general arrival craziness going on. J-man proudly walks up to his cousins and says "You u-gina"

No one can understand him and I am not really paying attention as I am helping bring bags inside and talking about the drive etc. Suddenly I hear it from the corner of my consciousness "u-gina, u-gina, u-gina"

It was like slow motion...I dropped the bag, ran to the living room and grabbed my sweet boy and whispered in his ear to stop saying that. Now my complete panic has brought eveyone's attention to my actions and no one knows what is going on. "u-gina" J announces. Ry now gets it and whispers it to his brother...who bursts out laughing - and J being proud of himslef continues to chant it over and over. Not wanting to have to explain it to my niece and nephew we made some feeble attempt to come up with soemthing funny to explain why the 4 adults in the room where turning purple trying not to laugh or in my case bright red with embarrassment. (my niece and nephew couldn't understand what he was saying due to his pronunciation of the word sounding rather different - I am thankful for small blessings - lol)

J and I had another talk about private words and when and where we can say them...please may it make sense this time to him. Please, please, please!!!!

4 comments:

suzspeaks said...

oh my word!!! SO funny!!!

Jessica said...

Oh man!!! We still use the pee pee and weewies! I can't bring myself to do it. Although my husband says that we should... Yikes the day will come that I to write of a simalar experience.

L&D said...

Hahahahahahhaaaa. I know how this feels. Best of luck, hunny.

Trev and Rebekah said...

That's funny! I am one who agrees that we should use proper names. My kid only knows that he has a penis and not some other silly word for it. He does ask if I have one from time to time in which I inform him that I don't because I am a girl. He doesn't know what I have and I think I'll avoid that one for awhile yet.