Tuesday, April 07, 2009

EJ should really...

Get off her tushy and post!!!

Tonight I went out to WOAM(Women On A Mission)

Last month the girl who won was...let say...not hurting financially :) So we were at her house tonight. It was HUGE! And very nice. Everything new and gleaming. My living room is smaller than her master bath!

So now I am back in my shack(hahaha) and trying to enjoy what I have. I honestly don't want a house that big, nor do I need one. But there is a wee bit of envy that she has such a nice home and I don't know when I'll get a house of my own let alone a new one. (I own a town house and am blessed - yadda yadda yadda - I know)

I'll be honest - I really hate hanging out with people who have lots of $$$. I am perfectly content in my life(really - I am just venting here). But somehow spending the night in that basic fixer upper while everyone talked about whether they were going to Palm Springs or Europe this year, and debating the merits of marble vs. granite made me want to slap them. They are all really nice people but their version of reality is vastly different from mine.

Tomorrow I'll wake up and be glad I only have to tidy and clean up 1500 square feet rather than 5000. After all I only have 2 toilets to clean...not 5 or 6. Then again - they probably have someone clean them...grrrr! Hahaha.

Okay enough of my pity party :)

2 comments:

suzspeaks said...

I feel the same way VERY often!!! I'll wallow with you :)

Family Of Five said...

Ah... see my big thing is when I go to someone else's house... and it's clean... no sign of kids... tidy, uncluttered, organized...
Then I come home to my chaos!! I am envious of people who have nice clean, tidy, organized homes!