This year rather than take away something I decided to add some things. I took stock of my life and found a few things I could add that would make it better. Of course I hope to continue after lent with these but having a promise to myself to start these will hopefully make them habits I keep. I am adding 15 minutes a day of decluttering/cleaning - now I don't mean cleaning the bathroom or vacuuming. I mean doing areas that don't often get a tidy up(you know those drawers and piles you've stopped noticing). My second thing is 15 minute a day reading the bible. I have been rather patchy with this lately and I have given myself a kick in the butt to get back in there.
So on Wednesday I cleaned my laundry closet(wiped down the washer and dryer, vacuumed out the lint trap, put away anything that had made it's way to the top of the dryer etc.) Thursday I cleaned out a shelf in my pantry. Today I am going to hit my hot spot(see flylady.net for a full explanation of that).
I have finished off the book of Acts(been there for a while now) and have moved onto 1 Corinthians - I seem to be able to read approx. 5 chapters in 15 minutes - so lets see how much I can read in 40 days @ 15 minutes a day.
Want to join me? What is something you want to add to your life for 15 minutes a day?
1 comment:
i decided to add prayer time daily, no matter how tired i am or how stressed the day has been....i hope i can stick to that one:)
i started reading the bible as well, but i am a week behind, already...i feel bad about this one and i hope to do better this coming week!
i like the idea of "adding" instead of taking away (even though i try to "take away" soft drinks on weekdays:)
keep us updated on how things go!
leslie
Post a Comment